We’re a social enterprise delivering training and consultancy on sexual harassment and violence for businesses and organisations. Profits from our services fund vital support systems for sexual assault survivors in the UK.
The more exceptional training and consultancy we provide, the more we can support survivor services.
If you’re a freelance trainer or consultant with experience working within the Women and Girls sector, we’d love to hear from you. We’re particularly looking for wellbeing experts, but if your specialism lies within one of our existing topics or you feel you have an idea for expanding our portfolio of courses, do send us an email.
You’ll join a women-led team from diverse backgrounds and experiences, with a shared commitment to ending sexual violence against women and girls.
Why work with us?
Women at work face unique challenges when it comes to pay, progression and work-life balance.
The average woman earns just 82p for every £1 the average man does Women carry out 60% more unpaid work (such as childcare and housework) than men. Only 37.9% of managerial positions are held by women.
We commit to recognising and redressing this by offering:
COMPETITIVE EQUAL PAY
Earn based on your skills and value not on your gender or ethnicity.
Work freelance, part or full-time to suit your existing commitments. At present, all work is remote.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Take training, progress within your field and engage in collaborations to expand your skills.
How we hire
Some things to know about our hiring practices.
We acknowledge that access to professional training and development opportunities is not equal. Though you may not have every requirement on the job specification, we’ll consider you for the role if our values align.
Until all job opportunities are shared equally between genders, we commit to prioritising hiring, partnering with and commissioning women and women-led organisations.
COMMITTED TO CREATING A DIVERSE & EQUITABLE WORKFORCE
We are committed to creating a diverse and equitable workforce that includes, marginalised women to amplify diverse voices and experiences in our training and consultancy.
To deliver training across the UK and play a leading role in development and quality assurance.
• Organise and deliver in-house, open and contract training across the UK
• Design and deliver learning in a variety of settings including classrooms, online learning forums, seminars and workshops
• Help to review and update courses to ensure they remain on-brand, accurate, consistent and high quality
• Act as tutor, assessor or internal verifier, meeting our quality assurance targets
• Work with fellow staff and freelancers to ensure all training meets our quality assurance framework
• Support the Training Manager to develop and review training and learning tools as required, ensuring training meets relevant accreditation and ICENA standards
• Work on other training or consultancy projects as required
• Consider equality in every aspect of your work
• Be self-servicing in terms of administration and technology
• Promote ICENA and our work
• Comply with policies, procedures and legal requirements, such as those set out in GDPR, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Equality Act 2010
• Undertake any other tasks relevant to the role
Non-Executive Director Housing
To support the management, coordination and supervision of ICENA’s overall running, focusing on Housing.
We are now looking to recruit independent non-executive Directors with social housing and property experience to join our Property Advisory Board.
Experience in this sector is strongly preferred.
If you’d love to work with us but don’t see a relevant opening for you, send us an email at the address below. We’ll keep your details on file for future opportunities.
If you aren’t looking to work with us but would like to support us in other ways, please visit our Social Impact page.
How to apply
We aim to be transparent, fair and respectful of your time and efforts.
1. Send your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience to Naomi at email@example.com
2. Attend a virtual interview to discuss what you can bring to the role and ask any questions you may have
3. Meet virtually with your line manager to discuss specifics of the role
4. We’ll check your references
5. Welcome to ICENA!
We’ll always let you know the outcome of your application, even if you were unsuccessful this time.